How good a listener are YOU?
- Since you think about four times faster than the other person usually talks, do you use this time to think about other things while you’re keeping track of the conversation?
- Do you listen primarily for facts rather than ideas when someone is speaking?
- Do you avoid listening to things you feel will be too difficult to understand?
- Can you tell from a person’s appearance and delivery that there won’t be anything worthwhile that they will be saying?
- When someone is talking to you do you appear to be paying attention when you’re not?
- Do certain words and phrases prejudice you so you cannot listen objectively to another person?
- When listening, are you distracted by outside sights and sounds and by your smart phone?
- Do you find yourself interrupting and cutting another person off when they are speaking?
“At the end of the day, people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
How have YOU left people feeling as of late?
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT JESUS MEANT BY WHAT JESUS SAID, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT JESUS DID!