Richard Foster celebrates Outward Simplicity in his book, Celebration of Discipline. Here are his ten ways to order your world so that you can create simplicity in your life:
- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
- Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
- Develop a habit of giving things away.
- Refuse to be propagandized by the custodians of modern gadgetry.
- Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
- Develop a deeper appreciation for what someone creates.
- Look with a healthy skepticism at all “buy now, pay later” schemes.
- Obey Jesus’ instructions about plain, honest speech.
- Reject anything that will breed the oppression of others.
- Shun whatever would distract you from your main goal: “Seek first the kingdom of God.”
By Richard Foster, Celebration of Discipline. Thanks to Andrea Piacquadio for the photo.
Do pick one or two from the list to help with simplicity in YOUR life.
REMEMBER: 1. GOD HEARS MY PRAYERS, 2. I AM NOT ALONE, 3. MY VOICE IS VALUABLE, 4. I HAVE A POWERFUL DESTINY, 5. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!
Please share these Daily Treats with others and have them subscribe: TreatsForTheSoul.org.